- Why Fierce?
- Rate Cards
- About Fierce
FierceWireless Reveals Annual List of 25 Most Powerful People
WASHINGTON, DC –November 11, 2010 - FierceWireless (www.fiercewireless.com) released its annual list of the “Top 25 Most Powerful People in Wireless” today. Now in its third year, this compelling list identifies the individuals in the wireless industry identified by the FierceWirelesseditorial team to be responsible for the technical and business innovations that are changing the wireless landscape in the United States.
FierceWireless, an internationally recognized email newsletter for the wireless industry, evaluated countless industry leaders based on the calculation of a “power quotient” that was derived based on a mix of an individual’s industry influence, business savvy, leadership, and technical expertise. This year’s winners are ranked, in order, based on how highly they ranked on this scale.
The winners were evaluated and selected by FierceWireless' team of wireless-savvy editors—Sue Marek, Jason Ankeny, Mike Dano, and Phil Goldstein.
"This list is one of our most popular—and controversial—features of the year,” said Sue Marek, Editor-in-Chief. "Some of our selections made the list because they did something unexpected. Others were selected because of their ability to stay true to their promises. All of them are noteworthy because of their overall impact on the industry.”
A full profile of each of this year’s winners is now available on the FierceWireless Web site at: http://www.fiercewireless.com/special-reports/top-25-most-powerful-people-us-wireless-2010
The 25 Most Powerful People in Wireless, as selected by FierceWireless, are:
- Eric Schmidt, Chairman and CEO, Google
- Lowell McAdam, president and COO, Verizon Communications
- Steve Jobs, CEO, Apple
- Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Market
- Dan Hesse, President and CEO, Sprint
- Peter Chou, CEO, HTC
- Sanjay Jha, co-CEO, Motorola
- Roger Linquist, Chairman, CEO and President of MetroPCS
- Bill Morrow, CEO, Clearwire
- Julius Genachowski, chairman of the FCC
- Philipp Humm, CEO, T-Mobile USA
- Henri Moissinac, Director of Mobile, Facebook
- Brian Dunn, CEO, Best Buy
- Andrew Lees, Mobile Communications Business President, Microsoft
- Mike Lazaridis, co-founder and co-CEO, and Jim Balsillie, co-CEO, Research In Motion
- Yoon-Woo Lee, Vice Chairman and CEO, Samsung
- Matt Bross, CTO, Huawei
- Hans Vestberg, President and CEO, Ericsson
- Paul Jacobs, Chairman and CEO of Qualcomm
- Philip Falcone, senior managing director, Harbinger Capital Partners
- Todd Bradley, Executive Vice President, HP's Personal Systems Group
- Jeff Bezos, chairman, CEO and president, Amazon.com
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Mary Dillon, President and CEO, US Cellular
- Stephen Elop, President and CEO, Nokia
FierceMarkets, a leader in B2B e-media, provides information and marketing services in the Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Healthcare, IT, and Finance industries through its portfolio of e-mail newsletters, Web sites, webinars, and live events. Every business day, FierceMarkets' wide array of publications reaches more than 985,000 executives in over 100 countries. Current publications include: Telecom: FierceBroadbandWireless; FierceDeveloper; FierceCable; FierceIPTV; FierceMobileContent; FierceTelecom; FierceOnlineVideo; FierceVoIP; FierceWireless; FierceWireless:Europe. Healthcare: FierceEMR; FierceHealthcare; FierceHealthIT; FierceHealthFinance; FierceHealthPayer; FierceMobileHealthcare; Hospital Impact. Life Sciences: FierceBiotech; FierceBiotech Research; FierceBiotechIT; FierceMedicalDevices; FierceDrugDelivery; FiercePharma; FiercePharma Manufacturing; FierceVaccines. Enterprise IT: FierceCIO; FierceCIO:TechWatch; FierceContentManagement; FierceGovernmentIT; FierceMobileIT. Finance: FierceComplianceIT; FierceFinance; FierceFinanceIT.
FierceMarkets was acquired in January 2008 by Questex Media Group (www.questex.com), a global diversified b-to-b media provider headquartered in Newton, Mass.
Heather Martin FierceMarkets 202-824-5043 firstname.lastname@example.org